UPDATE, THEY ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS 3/3/2014 BUT HURRY
The L.L. Hedgepeth Award is presented to an outstanding industrial wastewater operator. The scope of this award includes not only industrial wastewater treatment systems, but also industrial wastewater management programs. Candidate should have direct technical responsibility and not only managerial and administrative responsibilities. Pollution control is not only achieved through wastewater treatment systems, but often through in-plant controls and water management practices.
The nomination shall be presented to the Board for approval at the Annual Meeting. Nominee qualifications shall include:
- shall be a person who operates, supervises operation of, or is directly responsible for the operation of an industrial wastewater treatment plant
- shall be the person judged “doing the most with what he has”
- shall have shown outstanding initiative in such fields as promotion of good public relations, advancement of the art and knowledge of industrial wastewater treatment by participation in conferences, publication of papers or articles and cooperation with regulatory agencies
Criteria shall include:
- Performance of the pollution control program for which the individual is responsible.
- Technical expertise.
- Complexity of the treatment system or pollution control system.
- Civic and professional involvement of the individual outside of his/her specific program.
- The individual’s commitment to the job.
The Deadline for nominations was February 14th, 2014. However, I will extend this to the end of this week (February 28, 2014). The winner of the FWEA Hedgepeth Award will receive an award plaque (and a lunch)and during the Awards Luncheon at the Florida Water Resources Conference (FWRC) on Tuesday, April 8th, 2014, at the Walt Disney World Coronado Springs Resort and Convention Center @ at 1000 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830. I have attached the nomination LL Hedgepeth Award form.
Winners will be notified prior to the conference in time to make preparations for a representative to attend the awards luncheon.
For additional information, or questions regarding deadlines or nomination forms, contact:
FWEA Industrial Awards Committee Chair
Section Manager, Environmental Compliance
Orange County Utilities, Water Reclamation Division
4760 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, Florida, 32819